SUPERNAP Italia’s SECOPS team (Security Operations) manages the physical security of the structure. Security staff members are hired with military and security experience and must complete an extensive training, which includes security system instruction, procedure and policy instruction, firefighting training, first aid training, personal defense and weapons training. Data center management activities include perimeter security, access control (authorized personnel, customers and suppliers), and shipping & receiving procedures.
- Seven-layer physical surveillance
- Biometric access control and 100+ CCTV cameras
- Military-trained officers on-site
- Proprietary security academy that teaches advanced skills in surveillance, detection and other tactical protection measures
- Security officers are directly employed by SUPERNAP Italia, not outsourced
- VESDA fire detection system